Many Health & Safety Protocols will be followed during our classes, including, but not limited to:
If a dance student is sick and experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 including, but not limited to, fever of 100.4 or higher, cough, shortness of breath, chills, sore throat and/or muscle aches, STAY HOME. Do not come to class.
If a dance student has a known exposure to a person who has tested positive for Covid-19, or if a student has tested positive for Covid-19, the student should quarantine for 14 days. However, a dance student may attend class sooner if:
- A negative PCR test is produced on days 5-7. Once a negative test is produced on days 5-7, the participant may return on day 8.
- Fully vaccinated individuals are exempt from quarantine unless they develop symptoms or test positive for Covid-19.
- The quarantine period does not start until exposure to Covid-19 has ended. If other members of your household have contracted Covid-19, the exposure period has not ended.
Dance students are required to wear masks at all times. Masks should fit securely above the nose. We recommend wearing a KN95 mask that is made specifically for kids.
Before every Arlington Parks & Recreation dance class, County policy requires that each student's parent or adult guardian review and sign off on a set of standard health questions on behalf of his/her student before the student can participate in class each week.
Inside the recreation center in Alexandria, masks are required for everyone age 3 and older.
Each student's parent or adult guardian MUST stay at the center during class and must remain outside the classroom.
Hand sanitizer will be provided at the entrance of class. Participants must use hand sanitizer before they enter the classroom, and they should use hand sanitizer when they exit.
If there is inclement weather, please call:
- Arlington County weather hotline, 703-228-4715
Our classes are "Enjoy Arlington" classes, so if they are cancelled, our classes are cancelled.
- Alexandria weather hotline, 703-746-5594
If class is cancelled because of inclement weather, a make-up class will be scheduled at the end of the session (if possible). Otherwise, the recreation department will issue a household credit for the cancelled class.
KIDS, WE LOVE DANCING WITH YOU!!!
DURING THIS TRICKY TIME, WE STILL CAN GO BANANAS!!!
The Covid-19 policies listed above have been updated on January 12, 2022, and they are subject to change based on CDC Guidelines and Parks & Recreation protocols.